Erection problems occur when a man is unable to attain or maintain an erection hard enough for satisfying sexual intercourse. In some cases, you may not have an erection at all or lose the ability to have an erection during sex.
Erection problems are more common than you think. Almost all men will experience some kind of erection problem in their lifetime but when it begins to occur regularly you may be diagnosed with erectile dysfunction. Most of the time the problem goes away with little or no treatment. But for some men, it can be a permanent problem. If you are facing trouble getting and maintaining a firm erection more than 25% of the time, you should see your doctor.
What are Erection Problems?
When a man becomes sexually aroused, the muscles, hormones, blood, and nerves work together to achieve an erection. Nerve signals are sent from our mind to the penis causing the muscles and blood vessels to relax. Once the penis is filled with blood and has an erection, the blood vessels in the penis constrict so that an erection can be maintained.
After stimulation, the blood tissues in the penis reopen and allow blood to flow. At some point in a man’s life, maintaining or achieving an erect penis can be difficult.
The main causes of erectile dysfunction are:
- Vascular Disorders: Vascular disease is the most commonly diagnosed medical cause of erectile dysfunction.
- Nerve Damage: The nerves must be healthy for a man to get and keep an erection.
- Psychological Factors: Mental problems such as anxiety, depression, embarrassment, or fear can cause erection problems.
- Hormonal Problems: Unstable levels of certain hormones can decrease the ability to achieve an erection.
- Physical Causes of Erection Problems: In many cases, erection problems are caused by underlying medical conditions such as heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity.
Treating Erection Problems
If you think you have an erection problem, the first step is to see your doctor. He may first recommend natural treatments such as losing weight, drinking less alcohol, or quitting smoking. If a certain medicine is causing your erection problems, such as if you have erectile dysfunction, your doctor may reduce your dose or try a completely different medicine. If the cause of ED is physical, he may recommend oral ED drugs like Suhagra, Vidalista 80, or Kamagra Oral Jelly.